It’s been two decades of life and two years since I became an “adult.” I had a little ~quarter life crisis~ last night about being closer to thirty than I am to ten (like what?!) so I’m taking today to work through where I am and where I thought I’d be. Spoiler alert: 15 year old me thought I’d be married by now and boy am I not married.
Things I’ve Learned
- How to exercise regularly and eat to take care of my body (with a few notable exceptions of course)
- Bread and pasta makes me sleepy. It was a big discovery, okay. Side story: I participated in the Whole Life Challenge and part of the challenge was to eliminate processed foods. After the challenge ended and I started adding things back, I realized I hadn’t napped the entire challenge and as soon as I reintroduced bread and pasta I needed to nap. Literally life changing. Highly recommend the challenge.
- I am now well versed in applications. Applying for things used to terrify me and applying for summer internships helped me get over that.
- That you can fill up your own flat tire at a gas station! Who knew!
- How to grocery shop like a pro. (Yeah I hit Target, Costco, HyVee, and Trader Joe’s in one trip) (also grocery shopping is kinda my favorite activity)
- I invested in stocks. Probably the most adult I’ve ever felt.
- Japanese food is superior to all other kinds of food. End of story.
- I can cook a pretty decent salmon which let me tell you is not something I ever thought I’d be able to do.
- How to save money reasonably well. Granted, I still have no saved money, but I’m spending less!
- Family is everything. Sorry for all the times I didn’t realize that.
Things I Haven’t Learned (Yet)
- How to file taxes.
- Handstands. Forearm stands. Arm balances. All the ~cool~ yogi things.
- How to drink the right amount of water every day.
- I still struggle to go to Target without walking out with something from the dollar section BUT it’s all worth it I swear.
- Consistency in mediation. I’ll get really good for a couple of days but then one day I’ll forget and boom there goes the whole thing.
- Still can’t watch one episode at a time but it’s fine I’m fine.
- How to be Blair Waldorf minus a few traits.
- I really want to read every day and I am WORKING ON IT as of this moment.
- Mildly addicted to my phone but you know, que sera sera!
- One day I’ll have the guts to handstand walk but yesterday was not the day.
Adios 19. 20, I can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store.